To celebrate me turning 24 today (how did that happen?!) I thought I would list 24 things that I find helpful during a Crohn’s flares!
- Hot water bottles x 6 – one for my back, tummy, 2 sides, feet and a spare.
- Painkillers, lots of painkillers.
- Lucozade for energy to run to the bathroom.
- Granny pants for comfort over style.
- Bland food (McDonalds, mash potato or beige food items…)
- Clean jammies and it is ACCEPTABLE to leave the house in them.
- Hair bobbles for a messy bun look/don’t have to wash your hair.
- Someone to rub your back (Russell).
- A fluffy blanket for all my napping
- A coffee table to keep my tv remote handy.
- A Netflix account.
- Bubble bath – preferably Radox muscle relax.
- Toilet roll… Obviously!
- Andrex wet wipes.
- Sudocrem/Savlon – very handy.
- 3+ litres of water a day.
- IBD nurse on speed dial. No question is too stupid/disgusting to ask!
- A supportive family/friend network.
- Understanding work colleagues.
- Heat packs (B&M ones are the best!)
- A sick basin/bucket.
- Bonjela for mouth ulcers.
- Medication + vitamin tablets + protein shakes = a rattling body.
- Lying on the floor with my feet up.
What are your comforts when you are ill?