As I mentioned in Monday’s post I am now living with a boy (!!!) After living in my cute, girly, pink flat for 2 years I have officially moved out and moved in with Russell.
Gone are the days of having the bathroom to myself, star fishing the bed and controlling the tv…
Actually to be honest I still do all of the above (much to Russell’s annoyance).
Anyway what have I learnt about flat sharing?
- You can never, ever, ever have enough toilet roll. A pack of 12 rolls for 2 people, one of whom has IBD isn’t even going to last a week.
- If you can’t decide on what to have for dinner, pizza is always the answer.
- You have to wash other peoples underwear.
- Your nice, expensive, LUSH beauty products will start to vanish faster than ever before….
- It kind of feels like you are playing ‘house’ (see pic below) but you have to deal with adult problems. You are the adult too, so you have to fix said problems! (or phone your closest relative when you nearly burn the flat down… oops!)
- Russell is the cook and I am the cleaner.
- Together we are rubbish at making decisions. “You pick”, “No you Pick”.
- Running to the M&S garage for late night snacks and toasties (next door) is costing us a fortune.
- I am adjusting surprising well to Russell’s 5am work alarm.
and last but not least
10. It is best to make up fast after an argument/disagreement!
All in all the I think the flat sharing is going well… I am sure Russell would agree to an extent – Although I am maybe a bit too messy, own too many clothes and sing badly in the shower!