- I have it drummed into me to check my poo for any changes. When changes occur such as colour, texture or smell I note them down to inform my doc.
- The relief of making it to the toilet in time is never to be taken for granted.
- I have looked at adult nappies and thought one day I am going to find them very useful.
- Stomas are scary to me and living in fear of possibly having to get one is draining.
- Then I remind myself that it would increase my quality of living and I feel a bit better.
- Sometimes my poo comes out blue/green. I know not to panic and it will be from either drinking too many blue WKDs (true story), iron tablets or eating spinach (usually).
- Cider seems to be the only alcohol that plays havoc with MY Crohn’s but every Crohnie is different.
- I can look at size 8 in the morning the by lunch time I can look 8 months pregnant.
- River Island have the comfiest leggings – Good for people who suffer from bloating too!
- I dread when the doctor tells me I have to go on steroids.
- I dread going to the doctor/hospital/nurse in general and I like my dad to come with me. Chances of me passing out when seeing a needle/blood are high!
- Some (most) toilet trips make me cry in pain.
- Sudo-cream is a very handy thing to have in the house during a flare!
- If I eat something spicy, I can guarantee it is going to cause serious damage and upset.
- ^ Same with pineapple, tomato soup, vegetables, sour cream and popcorn.
- When I am eating, I sometimes have to think about other things to distract me.
- I only feel really comfortable eating in front of people I know well.
- I maybe, sometimes use my Crohn’s as an excuse to get out of things (shhh!) BUT more often that not I push through and end up making myself ill.
- When in a flare (before diagnosis) my pain had been measured higher than someone in labour.
- Crushing your painkillers into jam and singing a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down will result in tears and being sick into the toilet.
If there is anything you would like to know about please ask – I am happy to answer any poo related questions.
Thanks for reading x